In order to drive traffic to your website, it is critical that you keep your website up to date with a mobile friendly and responsive design. The team at Houston Small Business Marketing does more than web development, we ensure the pages on your website have fast load speeds with fresh updated content for the best user experience.
A fully customized site redesign can be costly. So, take the time to determine whether you need a full redesign or just a few updates. Switching your WordPress.com website theme or adding plugins could be the solution.
- Your web pages load slowly: Every one-second delay in page load time can reduce customer satisfaction by 16 percent, says The Daily Egg. Test your speed using a free tool like PageSpeedInsights, which can reveal underlying design issues.
- You can’t perform site updates: Are you struggling to add new pages? Your search engine optimization (SEO) and site traffic could be suffering if your site lacks fresh content. Consider adopting a WordPress.com theme with page templates.
- Your design is not branded: Does your website design reflect your brand? Color, typography, logos, and images communicate a brand’s values and leave a lasting impression on visitors. Consider switching to a WordPress.com theme that is highly customizable, like Dara or Karuna.
- You have a high bounce rate: The majority of websites have a bounce rate between 26 percent and 70 percent, according to The Daily Egg. A high bounce rate, meaning above 40 percent, can indicate several site design issues, such as confusing navigation, low-quality content, or poor page load times. WordPress.com web analytics can help you pinpoint any issues.
- Your site is not optimized for mobile: Over half of global internet traffic now originates from a mobile device, per BroadbandSearch. Thus, a poor or non-existent mobile website could alienate a huge percentage of your visitors. A responsive WordPress.com theme can ensure your site scales seamlessly to smartphone screens.
- You have SEO issues: Major search engines use hundreds of factors to rank websites, including usability, content, and design. If you aren’t ranking for important search phrases, it may be time for changes. The WordPress.com SEO plugin can help identify design issues on this front.
- You don’t have a custom home page: Your home page is often website visitors’ first impression. A lackluster home page can decrease your crawl rate or the average number of pages that visitors view. Adopt a business theme with a stunning home page design, like Barnsbury or Maywood, to better engage your audience.
- You have poor conversion rates: Your website should offer many opportunities to convert visitors into leads, including the following:
- Subscribing to emails
- Filling out a contact form
- Downloading an e-book
Low conversion rates can be a sign that a refresh is needed to strengthen your calls to action or add more conversion pathways.
- Your site is not secure: If your website isn’t secured with the HTTPs protocol, it may be harming your SEO. Learn more about HTTPS and SSL on WordPress.com websites.
- You need new functionality: Are you lacking important website functionality, like eCommerce checkout, online appointment scheduling, or custom web forms? A site redesign is an opportunity to add new features with WordPress.com plugins.
- You have confusing navigation: A high bounce rate or low crawl rate can be indicators that your navigation menu doesn’t make sense to your viewers. You may need to refresh your menu structure or add a mega menu.
SEO Web Design For Businesses in Houston, TX
If you are not making efforts to optimize your website, you are falling behind because your competitors already have begun implementing SEO design strategies to their websites. As the gap grows between how much effort your competition puts into their online marketing and how little work you put into your website, the more difficult it will become to engage with customers online. The Houston Small Business Marketing team works hard to help your business stay relevant in this online-focused world by tracking the latest strategies in online marketing for businesses.
Don’t lose potential customers and become a force within your industry! From excellent web design to social media management, the team at Houston Small Business Marketing is here to help you broaden your reach and grow your audience! If you are tired of giving away potential customers to your competition, contact us today! We dedicate ourselves to working closely with business owners to come up with a marketing plan that helps them succeed. We provide each customer with a free consultation for your website and social media to let you know how you can improve your placement online and grow your engagement with local potential customers looking for your services.
Houston Small Business Marketing
1415 North Loop West #950
Houston, TX 77008
Google Business Listing