Houston Small Business Marketing works with business owners to help them reach their goals, with effective internet marketing campaigns. Our team of search engine experts walk you through the steps to succeed, creating customized marketing strategies that fit your specific needs. Our marketing services include website design, local SEO Google Business Page management, social media marketing, and content marketing focused heavily on SEO strategies.
How Does Website Design Affect Your Google Ranking?
When creating an effective SEO campaign, our digital marketing agency takes a comprehensive approach to your online presence. This focuses heavily on developing a website that is built to fit into Google’s algorithm. Whenever your website is created with SEO concepts in mind you are able to target the most relevant audience for your specific industry.
Our Houston SEO agency will work with you to design every page within your site to get the most traffic directed to you. We do this by running all of the content we place on your site through a grading system to determine how it ranks among your local competitors.
What Is Local SEO?
Local SEO is the process of optimizing a business, product, or service for a search query that is location-specific. Google (and other search engines) uses a user’s location based on IP address (for desktop) and geolocation (for mobile) to determine what results to show the user. So when someone performs a local search for a dentist, car wash, or locksmith, the search engine will display local businesses relevant to their location.
Local Search Results on Google
A local search result combines two main parts (or opportunities) for a local business:
- Organic Search Results — The website
- Local Pack — Google My Business (GMB)
The practice of Local SEO includes optimizing the business’s website for local search queries, as well as optimizing the business’s Google My Business page.
Local Search Results
Typical search results are made up of Local Pack (Google My Business) and Organic Results (websites).
A local search strategy can include multiple aspects to increase business visibility. This can include:
- Paid Ads — Above the Local Pack
- GMB — The Local Pack
- Organic — Below the Local Pack
As a local SEO practitioner, I concentrate on providing organic visibility (non-paid). However, there is always a time and place for using paid ads; this would be when you are starting on your local SEO journey and are not appearing within the local pack or organic search result.
It could also be when your competitors run ads at certain times of the day and are pushing your organic visibility down the page; you may want to maintain a presence during those hours too.
Google My Business Ranking Factors
Naturally, Google does not exactly share the exact ranking factors, but they do provide some basic information here.
- Relevance: “Relevance refers to how well someone searches are matching with a local listing. Adding complete and detailed business information can help Google better understand your business and match your listing to relevant searches from customers.”
- Distance: “Distance is calculated by how far each potential business is from the location terms used in a search. If a customer doesn’t specify a location in their search, Google will calculate distance based on what’s known about their location.”
- Prominence: “Prominence refers to how well-known a business is. Some places are more prominent in the offline world, and search results try to reflect this in local ranking. For example, famous museums, landmark hotels or well-known shop brands that are familiar to many people are also likely to be more prominent in local search results.”
“Prominence is also based on information that Google has about a business from across the Internet (like links, articles and directories). Google review count and score are also factored into local search ranking — more reviews and positive ratings will improve a business’s local ranking.”
SEO Marketing For Businesses in Houston, TX
If you are not making efforts to optimize your website, you are falling behind because your competitors already have begun implementing SEO design strategies to their websites. As the gap grows between how much effort your competition puts into their online marketing and how little work you put into your website, the more difficult it will become to engage with customers online. The Houston Small Business Marketing team works hard to help your business stay relevant in this online-focused world by tracking the latest strategies in online marketing for businesses.
Houston Small Business Marketing
1415 North Loop West #950
Houston, TX 77008
View our Website
View our Facebook Page
View our Google Listing