SEO is a term that has been growing in popularity, but what does it really mean? SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is the process of optimizing all of the content on your website in order to attract new users online. However, the number of visitors on your site is only part of the equation. Ensuring the users who are directed to your site are looking for the information, services, or goods they will find once they are on the site is the real challenge.
Our team helps to pair the most relevant search inquires online with links to pages within your website. This will help you to hone in on your target audience and be seen by the right people online. If you are interested in growing your business organically and attracting new users to your brand, our online SEO company in Houston, TX can help you. From small independent boutiques to major medical groups, we will help you tap into your potential and meet your specific marketing goals.
How Long Does It Take For SEO To Work?
One of the main questions businesses have when beginning a local SEO marketing campaign is how long it will take to get results. There are many variables that can impact the outcome of a businesses success in content marketing. Some of these main factors include how competitive your industry is, how much marketing you have previously done, how aggressive your digital marketing campaign is, and more.
While there is no way to provide an exact timeline for when your business will begin getting the maximum results from out full service digital marketing strategy, Forbes has provided a 6 month guide to what you can expect from working with a digital marketing agency.
- Month 1 – Research and discovery, website audit, keyword strategy, and planning. If research and discovery can be done quickly, then technical changes may start being made to the website within the first month. In other cases a thorough research and discovery phase can last more than one month.
- Month 2 – Begin technical SEO work, that is, making modification to the website based on site audit results. In some cases the website needs to be overhauled, and this of itself can take months. Other SEO activities such as working on the link profile and building content can be done at the same time the overhaul is happening. If you find yourself in this overhaul situation, you’ll be doing “SEO” but you still won’t be seeing any results at all, since the changes being made will only start to have an impact once they’re finished.
- Month 3 – Start focusing on content creation. Blogging, FAQs, whitepapers, articles, expanded product and company information, etc. Ideally you would have started on this right after the strategy and planning, but often budgets restrict what can be done at once, and so a technical overhaul needs to come first. This being the case, you might start seeing some improvements in rankings by the end of this month. If those rankings are translating into leads or sales then even better, but you wouldn’t necessarily expect them yet.
- Month 4 – Continued content creation, technical optimization of the website, and development of a healthy link profile (which may include cleaning up low quality links). By this month you could expect to see a marked increase in rankings, traffic, and lead generation. It won’t be anywhere close to the improvements you should 12 months into your SEO efforts, but it should be significant enough that you know SEO is working.
- Month 5 – By this month or perhaps earlier in the process you may have started incorporating social media management into your plan to amplify your content and increase direct traffic to your website. This can lead to a healthy, natural link profile, and of course generate leads in and of itself. You would continue with content creation and perhaps engage in some PR or media outreach. You should be seeing more and more traffic coming in from SEO at this point, and your leads should be growing as a result.
- Month 6 – If your traffic has reached 5,000 visitors per month or more by this point, you could benefit from adding conversion rate optimization to your efforts to improve how the traffic you’re receiving converts into leads and/or sales. From this point on, your activities may be consistently focused on content creation and promoting that content, or you may be doing things that are more creative. The specific activities can vary greatly depending on what type of company you are and what kind of website you have.
Don’t Stop Too Soon
At Houston Small Business Marketing, we have worked with clients who have seen amazing results in as little as 60 days. Our Houston SEO experts will formulate a unique and industry specific marketing plan for your company for the best results possible.
The more traffic we can drive to your site, the more real life conversions you will have with customers. Our goal is to help you dominate the search terms for your local area that are relevant to the services and goods your company offers. This means, instead of your competitors being the top search result on a Google Map or local search term, it will be you. No one is going to see your company if you are stuck on page 12, let our team help get you to the first page to increase your visibility online.
Who Benefits From SEO Practices?
Regardless of the industry, most businesses stand to benefit from SEO marketing practices in order to help improve brand awareness for their business online. Houston Small Business Marketing is an award winning full service digital marketing company in Houston, Texas. Our team helps your company with everything from website design and social media marketing, to pay per click digital strategies and reputation management. We understand what it takes to expand your business and work to improve your online presence with our full service digital marketing strategies.
Online marketing is the most effective form of marketing because when it is done properly you are able to directly select the market in which you are trying to target. When internet marketing is done properly you will be able to have your website seen by audiences that have an organic interest in the services or goods that you provide. This will help your conversion rate optimization in a way that will bring you business and increase awareness about your business, while interacting with new and existing customers.
Whether you are a brand new business or an established business looking to improve your online visibility and placement, we can help you. Our team does it all from web development to social media management.
Houston Online SEO Company
If you are not putting resources into optimizing your website, you will quickly fall behind your competitors that have already implemented SEO strategies to their online presence. As the gap expands between how much effort your competitors are putting into their online marketing and how little work you are putting into your website, the harder it will become to engage with customers online. The team at Houston Small Business Marketing works hard to help your business stay relevant in this online-focused world by tracking the latest strategies in online marketing for businesses.
Do not allow yourself to miss out on potential customers and become a force within your industry! From excellent web design to social media management, the team at Houston Small Business Marketing is here to help you broaden your reach and grow your audience! If you are tired of giving away potential customers to your competition, contact us today! We dedicate ourselves to working closely with business owners to come up with a marketing plan that helps them succeed. We provide each customer with a free consultation for your website and social media to let you know how you can improve your placement online and grow your engagement with local potential customers looking for your services.
Houston Small Business Marketing
1415 North Loop West #950
Houston, TX 77008
Google Business Listing