Are you a small business owner that actively works to stay relevant and compete against larger companies? At Houston Small Business Marketing our goal is to help make this a great year for small businesses in Houston by showing them how to grow their audience online and attract real world clients with their online presence. Read below to learn about 5 small business trends your company needs in 2023 as shared by the SBA.
- E-commerce and social commerce will continue to boom. There’s no denying e-commerce’s place in the market. More than half of global internet users buy something online every week. It doesn’t look like those numbers will be going down anytime soon. Experts forecast that the global e-commerce industry will grow to $8.1 trillion by 2026. Social media has also emerged as a serious player. With customers now buying directly on platforms such as Facebook and Pinterest, it could be time to adjust your sales model accordingly.
- But that doesn’t mean you should forget about brick and mortar. Our way of life may be increasingly digital, but the statistics don’t lie: 61% of customers still want to try products in person before buying. It’s all the more reason to think about your strategy from an omnichannel perspective. If you have a website, consider installing chatbot technology or optimizing for voice search. In-store, you can cater to customer expectations with services like self-checkout. After all, more than half of surveyed retail shoppers in North America have used it.
- Safety is important to your customers. Data collection is a real customer concern. Shoppers want to know that their information is secure, especially as online transactions become commonplace. You can protect your customers and build brand trust by doing the right things: using reputable payment providers, investing in fraud prevention tools, and installing a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate on your website — to name a few.
- So is sustainability. Environmental responsibility matters to today’s customer. In fact, consumers from every generation are willing to pay more for sustainable products. Furthermore, 76% say they’ve made a conscious effort to shop more sustainable products in the past year. Brainstorm ways to make your processes more sustainable, such as using low-waste packaging for your products.
- Customer experience is still king. Research shows that customers value experience over both price and product quality. Whether online or in-person, the customer experience has to be the focus of your strategy. Think of fun ways to personalize your in-store profile, such as hosting pop-up events. Online, it’s about creating an immersive experience. For example, if you sell clothes, you might invest in technology that allows customers to try on clothes virtually.
Marketing Strategies and Small Business Trends in 2023 That Grow Your Business
The bottom line is these 5 Small Business Trends Your Company Needs in 2023 will help you to promote your products and services online, while growing your audience organically. Working with HOUSBM will help you to reach your goals, while also taking the marketing pressure off your shoulders to help with your work life balance. We understand most business owners are better at running their business and providing excellent customer service than staying on top of forever evolving online trends. This is why we take care of it for you.
SEO Marketing For Businesses in Houston, TX
If you are not making efforts to optimize your website, you are falling behind because your competitors already have begun implementing SEO design strategies to their websites. As the gap grows between how much effort your competition puts into their online marketing and how little work you put into your website, the more difficult it will become to engage with customers online. The Houston Small Business Marketing team works hard to help your business stay relevant in this online-focused world by tracking the latest strategies in online marketing for businesses.
Don’t lose potential customers and become a force within your industry! From excellent web design to social media management, the team at Houston Small Business Marketing is here to help you broaden your reach and grow your audience! If you are tired of giving away potential customers to your competition, contact us today! We dedicate ourselves to working closely with business owners to come up with a marketing plan that helps them succeed. We provide each customer with a free consultation for your website and social media to let you know how you can improve your placement online and grow your engagement with local potential customers looking for your services.