There was a time when Google Maps rankings were based on more basic information, such as proximity to the user and industry categories. These days Google is taking a more in-depth look into a business to determine where they will rank among their competitors. These new changes are great for small business who are competing against corporations and chain companies in their area. There are several ways take control of your ranking and improve your placement, attracting wider audiences.
- Verify Your Google Listing Through Your Google My Business Page: Google wants to be able to trust that you are who you say you are before directing potential customers to your business listing. The more information you feed Google in regards to your business, the higher you will rank. Make sure your listing has the proper contact information, website url, and business hours.
- Get Reviews From Your Customers: Sometimes negative comments or reviews will be left for even the best of companies; knowing how to respond and manage negative feedback is critical. No one expects your company to be perfect, but they do expect you to be informed, adaptive, and responsive, whenever there is an issue.
- Categorize Your Business: Whenever you create your Google Maps listing, you have the option of adding a primary industry category, or “keyword” to describe your business. Ensure you are listing your business under the correct category in order to get the most out of your listing.
- Embed a Google Map on Your Website: Another great way the Google Maps Marketing experts at Houston Small Business Marketing can help your business rank higher on Google Maps is to embed a Google Map on your website. Most businesses we work with elect to place a map on the contact page of their site to help direct customers to them.
- Add Photos to the Listing: One of the quickest most simple ways to stand out on Google Maps is to add regular photos to your Google My Business listing. Choose high quality photos of your business that give customers a reason to want to visit you.
When it comes to getting noticed online, the marketing experts at HOUSBM are here to help you! Contact us today to explore your options for increasing your audience online.